Employers: Contact Executive Director Renee Catacalos at email@example.com if you have openings you wish to post. One-month postings are free for members of AIA Potomac Valley and $50 for others.
Job Seekers: When you respond to a listing, please tell the prospective employer that you learned about it from the AIA Potomac Valley Job Board.
AIABaltimore is seeking a full-time Programs and Outreach Associate. Ideal candidate is passionate about architecture and design, has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and is detail-oriented, reliable, and hardworking. Responsibilities include program and event planning and coordination, assisting with marketing, communications, and membership outreach, gallery/bookstore and daily administrative operations, and communication with members and the public. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with web and social media content management, Quickbooks and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. AIABaltimore is an Equal Opportunity employer. Submit resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KTGY Group – Tysons Corner Office
KTGY Group is an innovative and exciting architectural firm providing tremendous growth opportunities for young professionals. Our commitment to award winning designs, great client relationships, and staff mentoring puts us ahead of our competition. KTGY takes particular pride in its highly motivated and principal led studio teams, who deliver superior architectural and planning services.
What We Need:
Our Tysons Corner Office is seeking a Job Captain with the following experience and skills:
- 4 to 6 years work experience that includes some residential architecture
- Extensive CAD work is a must
- Organization of CAD files, PDFs and email.
- Verifying CAD files are set up per KTGY CAD Policies (layer line types, colors, and graphical representation).
- Create x-references files and identify alternates.
- Manage revisions and be able to reproduce CAD drawings that reflectchanges
- Revit experience is preferred
- Ability to create parametric family
- Massing conceptual model
- Ability to setup schedules for windows and doors
- Knowledge of area plan schemes
- Familiar with groups and linked files
- Construction Drawing Experience
- Assembling project set (unit & bldg plans, roof plans, elevations and sections.)
- Appropriate level of documentation – notations including dimensions, keynotes, and labels.
- Detail drawing and referencing – KTGY standards and client standards
- Developing construction drawings faithfully from design drawings.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interact with KTGY project team, Clients, consultant team and agencies
- Must have code knowledge
- Building Code
- Accessibility requirements
- Fire departments, local codes and zoning ordinances
- Fire resistance rated construction requirements
- Knowledge of Design and Construction
- Wood frame construction.
- Site grading, utilities, landscape, structural, mechanical, electrical, acoustic systems
- Architectural degree is required
- In process to obtain architectural license desirable.
- In process to obtain LEED accreditation desirable
What We Offer:
Our culture is fast paced, team oriented and collaborative. We value great people who have a positive impact on those around them. In addition, we are proud to offer comprehensive benefit package. To learn more about KTGY or to apply directly, please visit us at www.ktgy.com. You may also send your cover letter, resume, work samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Public Transit: Silver Line Metro is anticipated to open Spring 2014 with a Metro stop right down the street from KTGY Group’s office.
DESIGN COLLECTIVE, INC.
Multiple positions for Project Manager, Project Designer, Project Architect (5-10 years experience) and Staff Architect (0-5 years experience)
Design Collective’s Baltimore Office (www.designcollective.com) has several positions available. We are looking for energetic architects with various levels of experience. Projects include mixed-use (residential, retail, office) and/or higher education.
Candidates will be highly adept working within a team-oriented studio environment. Candidates must have a professional degree in architecture (Masters preferred), a high level of proficiency in Revit and be well versed in sustainable design and construction documentation.
Depending on level of experience, candidates should be- or be able to show progress towards becoming a registered architect and LEED accredited.
Please send a cover letter along with a resume and portfolio/samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
For proper routing and consideration, please type your last name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Design Collective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.